- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Dependant and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Merchandise
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off Program
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Supplemental Insurance
As the world’s largest supplier of collector car tires and wheels, Coker Tire has been supplying enthusiasts with the right tires and wheels for their antiques, classics, hot rods, and muscle cars since 1958! The company has grown in leaps and bounds since its early beginnings. Coker Tire is known for whitewall tires, but offer thousands of specialty tires and wheels for a wide range of applications. Whether a classic car, a vintage truck, a custom motorcycle or anything in between, Coker Tire has a tire and wheel to fit.
Coker Tire Company is hiring a part-time Facilities Assistant who has a desire to work in one of the world’s leading and continuously growing aftermarket companies. The Facilities Assistant is a highly motivated individual who supports all the functions of the Chestnut Street Facility and
is responsible for providing general facilities support by fulfilling routine work orders and maintenance requests for the Coker Tire Company buildings and grounds. The individual in this position is responsible for cleaning, maintenance, and making minor repairs which improves the operating condition and appearance of the facilities.
Essential Functions for this position include:
- Make routine plumbing repairs (leaks, unplugging toilets and drains, etc.).
- Replace light bulbs and fluorescent lights.
- Perform routine carpentry work (paint jobs, installing doors, door stops, cabinet doors, adjustable shelving, etc.).
- Perform preventative maintenance on heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Make minor grounds and landscape irrigation repairs.
- Use a variety of tools such as hand tools, electric drills, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment.
- Walks the grounds and common interior areas daily, removing litter and debris from lawns, planting beds, parking areas, sidewalks, ramps, and indoor spaces
- Inspects subcontracted service providers and documents work and product quality
- Set up markers, signs and barricades to control the traffic flow
Applicants must meet the following requirements for consideration:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years working experience in facility maintenance or equivalent
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry is a plus.
- Must have physical strength, hand-eye coordination and endurance
- Must have the ability to use common tools
- Must be able to concentrate on tasks
- Must have the ability to understand and communicate information
- Knowledge of various custodial and maintenance materials, methods, and tools
- Organized, motivated, analytical and professional
- Sound communication skills
- Versatile and flexible
- Physical Demands: light to heavy lifting of supplies and materials from time to time in addition to tools, furniture, etc. This job may also require bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, climbing a ladder, and step ladder.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver’s License by hire date
- Must pass a background investigation and pre-employment alcohol, drug and/or controlled substance testing
Coker Tire Company is a Drug-Free Workplace: Applicants being considered for hire must pass a drug test as a contingency to an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
Applicants considered for hire must also provide authorization to obtain a background screening report. Also known as a “consumer” report, a background screening report may contain information regarding your criminal history, driving history, and other personal information.Refusal to provide authorization will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
AAP/EEO Statement:Coker Tire Company and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Coker Tire complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: part-time