- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Dependant and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Merchandise
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off Program
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Supplemental Insurance
As the world’s largest supplier of collector car tires and wheels, Coker Tire has been supplying enthusiasts with the right tires and wheels for their antiques, classics, hot rods, and muscle cars since 1958! The company has grown in leaps and bounds since its early beginnings. Coker Tire is known for whitewall tires, but offer thousands of specialty tires and wheels for a wide range of applications. Whether a classic car, a vintage truck, a custom motorcycle or anything in between, Coker Tire has a tire and wheel to fit.
Coker Tire Company is hiring a full-time Art Director. The Art Director collaborates with the creative team, Creative Manager and Marketing Director to update and maintain brand guidelines, and campaign concepts for multiple leading companies in the automotive aftermarket. This individual is responsible for designing and producing art for print, digital, mobile and large format projects in a fun, collaborative, fast-paced environment. Projects can range from mobile ads to trade show booths with the opportunity to challenge your creative talents.
Essential Functions for this position include:
- Design of print and digital ads from conceptualization to finished artwork.
- Design of catalogs from starting concept through production to final artwork. This involves coordinating with department heads and/or company leaders and involves collecting and directing the right photography, designing the look and feel to include choice of color, background, font usage and illustration as well as gathering the appropriate data from knowledgeable resources.
- Design of artwork for websites; responsible for the look and feel of all digital mediums for the Coker Tire Company, including the establishment of color, background, imagery, font usage and illustration based on a functional web outline from the web developers.
- Design logos from concept involving sketches and brainstorming to finished artwork including establishing imagery, color, font and usage to reflect the identity of what the logo represents.
- Design work for all levels of signage and decals for the Coker Tire Company including, but not limited to, trailer wraps, car decals and building signs, from concept to finished artwork.
- Print and Digital Ad Design
- Maintain working library of marketing materials (images, logos, guidelines).
- Catalog design
- Apparel artwork design including, but not limited to, t-shirts; design responsibility is from concept to finished product, involving sketches and brainstorming and working with various departments or company leaders.
- Illustration for purposes including, but not limited to, marketing or instructional purposes; conceptualization, sketches and brainstorming through finished artwork, usually in vector format.
- Artwork related to restoring cars or engines such as emblems, badges, etc.
Applicants must meet the following requirements for consideration:
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of graphic design experience
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional work experience.
- Strong visual design skills
- Strong portfolio showcasing real work and your design process
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator (all advanced level)
- Basic HTML skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tight deadlines, producing high-quality outpu
Our Ideal Designer / Art Director will also:
- Possess Digital Marketing experience
- Possess Constant Contact experience
- Possess Web Design experience
- Possess Ad Copywriting experience
- Understand how to speak brand to consumers
- Brainstorm with team to generate ideas and concepts
- Have the ability to manage multiple deadlines on numerous concurrent projects
- Have a positive attitude, a good sense of humor, and work well in an ever-changing environment
- Have a passion for cars. This is actually a big plus. If not, no worries, we can help with this.
- Must pass a background investigation and pre-employment alcohol, drug and/or controlled substance testing
Some of the perks!
- Group insurance program including medical, vision, dental, and FSA
- Generous paid vacation
- 401(k) which includes an employer match program
- On-site Fitness Facility
- Ability to grow and learn in a fast growing company
- Highly visible leadership who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Cool Car Events
Coker Tire Company is a Drug-Free Workplace: Applicants being considered for hire must pass a drug test as a contingency to an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
Applicants considered for hire must also provide authorization to obtain a background screening report. Also known as a “consumer” report, a background screening report may contain information regarding your criminal history, driving history, and other personal information. Refusal to provide authorization will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
AAP/EEO Statement: Coker Tire Company and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Coker Tire complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.